Pros and cons of RFID tags
RFID comes in various frequencies that are custom designed for use in specific applications.Many applications are revolutionized with the accuracy and reliability of RFID devices, like manufacturing process control and confirmation, material tracking, airline luggage identification and routing systems and single-pass multiple item identification. All processes get catalyzed with the introduction of intelligent tracking and management. Especially toll collection and container tracking has become extremely efficient thanks to the quick movement and identification thanks to RFID tags at ports. Mobil Speedpass is a recent application of RFID tags in payment systems. For more valuable items that need tags which last longer, Active and Semi-passive RFID Tags are used. But they are more expensive than passive tags and hence are used rarely in low-value goods.
RFID application advantages:
1. RFID chips and RFID readers are highly resistant to substances such as water, oil and chemicals.
2. The reading of information is not limited by the size and shape of the chip, and it is not necessary to match the fixed size and printing quality of the paper for the purpose of reading accuracy. Moreover, the RFID tag is being developed in a miniaturization and various forms to be applied. Different products.
3. RFID technology recognition is more accurate than traditional smart chips, and the recognition distance is more flexible. Penetration and barrierless reading can be achieved.
4. RFID chip tags can repeatedly add, modify, and delete internally stored data to facilitate information updates.
5. The internal data content is protected by passwords, making its content difficult to forge and change.
6. RFID chip data capacity is very large, and with the development of technology, capacity has an increasing trend.
People’s privacy however get’s compromised with RFID. All technology and development is two sided. The demerits of RFID, though fewer, are severe. Electronic Frontier Foundation and the American Civil Liberties Union are some groups which have been formed to protect civil liberties and protect people against invasion of privacy. You can be tracked, your conversation and actions recorded and this can all be done cheaply and effectively. All this from spy movies is a reality and there are many more spies and sleuths out there than you may have thought.RFID are operational over short distances and that is a demerit. The tag can be read only at very short distances, typically a few feet at most. Go for Passive RFID if area of use has less interference and distances ranging anywhere from a few inches to a few yards.
We are RFID solutions supplier. We suppliy kinds of RFID tags : RFID coin tag, RFID key fob, RFID wristband, RFID nail tag, RFID tire tag, RFID coin tag, RFID smart token, RFID mount metal tag and RFID bin tag and so so.